Home » Tamilnadu Tourism: Tamilnadu Tours and Travel Destinations
Tamilnadu Tourism: Tamilnadu Tours and Travel Destinations
- Chennai was formerly known as Madras. Chennai is one of India's major ports and the commercial hub of South India and thus it became a metropolitan city and emerged as fourth largest city in the country. Chennai is a city of courtesy, charm and culture.
- Chettinad is the motherland of the Nattukottai Chettiars called the Nagarathars, are an affluent banking and business society. Chettinad is a tourist's paradise with a disparity, and one which certainly cannot be missed by the sharp tourist.
- Coimbatore in Tamilnadu is famous for being an entrepreneurship hub, particularly in the textile sector. The Coimbatore city is popularly known as Manchester of South India.
- Cuddalore is known for its picturesque beaches, particularly the Silver Beach. Cuddalore is a fast growing industrial city and an important tourist place in Tamilnadu with historical monuments.
- Gangaikonda Cholapuram is located in Thanjavur district of Tamilnadu, South India. Brihadeeswarar temple is an architectural work of genius and a brilliant example of the major heights achieved by Cholas in temple architecture.
- Guindy National Park and Snake Park is a wonderful picnic spot for family and friends. The Guindy National Park has also a snake park and a children's park which are adjacent to each other.
- Karaivetti Bird Sanctuary is located about 35 km to the north of Thanjavur in Ariyalur Taluk of Perambalur District. Karaivetti Bird Sanctuary is visited by various species of wandering water birds.
- Kodumudi is a town situated on the banks of the Cauvery in Erode District o Tamilnadu. Kodumudi is about 40 km from Erode and 105 km from Coimbatore. The specialty of this place lies in the Kodumudi Temple. It is a single temple which is famous for the shrines of Shiva, Vishnu and Brahma.
- Marina Beach is a beach situated to the east of Chennai at Kamarajar Road, 3 Km from the city centre along the Bay of Bengal. Marina beach is a main attraction for tourist visiting Chennai. In the evenings, the Marina beach is virtually a fair ground with various kinds of entertainment and food stalls lining the beach.
- Nagercoil is the southern most city of India situated in the Kanyakumari district in the Indian state of Tamilnadu. Nagercoil is situated close to the tip of the Indian peninsula. The land is also known as Nagarammankoil.
- Padmanabhapuram is a city which is near Thuckalay, 45 km north of Kanyakumari district in Tamilnadu, India. It is about 25 km from Nagercoil and 55 km from Thrivananthapuram, Kerala. Padmanabhapuram is a beautiful city with numerous trees, hills and rivers passing through the city which makes a picturesque paradise. Padmanabhapuram is famous for the Padmanabhapuram palace.
- Palani is located in Dindigul district of Tamilnadu, India. The Murugan Temple is an ancient temple situated on the hills of Sivagiri in Palani. Palani temple draws the largest number of devotees in Tamilnadu.
- Srimushnam is a small town in Cuddalore district in Tamilnadu. The famous Vasihnava Temple of Bhuvaraha is located SriMushnam. SriMushnam is connected to other parts of Tamil Nadu through a very good rail and road network from Cuddalore.
- Suchindram is on the banks of the Pazhayar River, it is a pilgrimage town in Kanyakumari District of Tamil Nadu. Suchindram is 12 km north-west of Kanyakumari and 7 km south-east of Nagercoil, This place is also known as Sodhana Teertha.
- Tirupur is a small city in Coimbatore District in the south Indian state of Tamilnadu. Tirupur is referred to be the Textile Valley of India, and it is one of the important trading centers of India. Tirupur is the seventh largest city in Tamilnadu and one of the fast growing cities in the state.
- Vedanthangal Bird Sanctuary is one of the oldest water bird sanctuaries in India. This sanctuary has been in existence for more than 200 years. Vedanthangal bird sanctuary is located at about 86 km from Chennai. The sanctuary spreads across 72 acres of swampy land.
Please send us your enquiry and we will respond within 24 to 48 hours.